The mindfield which is in the unseen realm is much much more perilous and deadly than the minefield in human physical realm. The mindman has discovered.
Why? In the physical realm everything physical however tightly concealed will be uncovered. Nothing hidden will not be revealed. There is nowhere to hide, really. How can you hide darkness? You cannot. How can you hide death? You cannot. Foul rotten smell of death will soon seep through the layers of covers and permeate the air that you breathe.
How can you hide light? You cannot. Light seeps through every crevice and swallows up everything dark. But the mind can stop light and hide darkness for a time. It has become the ‘nurture bed’ for spiritual attack (in the forms of mental/emotional/mood illnesses or dysfunctions).
As long as the mindfield is filled with dark thoughts, lies and deceptions from the spiritual enemy, human (flesh and blood) is no match to them. No human ways in healing can heal the mind and restore it to complete wellness as it has been originally designed by the supernatural Creator God.
How to become more than conquerors in the mindfield battle?
The mindman has discovered the truth from the Word of God, which is the Power of God. The winning factor in the mindfield battle is ‘POWER’. Whose power? God’s power.
Belief in God and the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God gives us the power to overcome even the mind battle. How did Jesus Himself cast out demons and heal the sick (including those tormented in their minds)? By speaking God’s words as the Son of God. Today we are called to be sons of God. We have the authority to speak His words and do exactly as He did.
Firstly we must know the good gifts that God has given freely to all: “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning” James 1:17. “Who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ” Ephesians 1:3.
- Who qualifies to receive the good and perfect gifts (including the power to overcome)? Those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:2 “But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
- What are the power gifts for the mindfield battle? “that you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance and all knowledge” 1 Corinthians 1:5. “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God-and righteousness and sanctification and redemption-” 1 Corinthians1:30. “But we have the mind of Christ” 2:16.
- Why does God want to give you such good gifts? God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. “so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,” 1:7
Secondly we must know and believe how this great power of God in us work and how may we know.
- “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power. 1Corinthians 4:20
- “that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places…” Ephesians 1:17-20 “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” Ephesians 3:20
- “Now we have received…the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 1 Corinthians 2:12 “But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him“1 Corinthians 6:17.
- “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God” Romans 8:14.
- “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil” 1 John 3:8b.
- “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” 1 John 5:4-5
In practice, the battle is won through reading the whole Bible, meditating on the words of God, speaking and praying the words, and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth, just as Jesus has commanded and promised. One caution word: read whole Bible and not be deceived by evil spirit using verses out of context.
The Holy Spirit is always ahead and has warned the watchman many times without fail beforehand to be alert and discerning in the spiritual realm where the real battle is. (Ephesians 6:12; 2 Corinthians 10:3)
Indeed, Jesus’ advice that we watch and pray means we watch our mind and pray in the Spirit (one spirit with the Lord) and in His words.
Action today for those who believe:
Pray through the Bible. For example, take the first chapter of 1 Corinthians and pray, asking for those good and prefect gifts from God to manifest in you.